1st Dan - Shodan
Black Belt (2009)
Applicants must have held 1st
kyu for at least 6 months.
Shodan Junior 1st Dan minimum age 12 years of age up
years of age.
Shodan Adults 1st Dan minimum age 21 years of age.
The Dan Gradings will include a written examination (Theory Paper)
The result of the Theory Paper will
be confidential and no dialouge will be allowed with EWKR Officials
or any discussion of any kind
No Students may apply for EWKR Dan Grading unless they have
recommendation from their Official Club Sensei.
All Candidates are to ensure that they have a track record of
contribution and involvement within and to all events of England
Wado-Kai Karate-Do Renmei. Successful Candidates will in addition
receiving the appropriate EWKR Certificate/Diploma will also
with an appropriate Dan Grade Certificate/Diploma from the Federation
of Wado-Kai Europe.
This syllabus is reviewed each year. Contact your instructor
to ensure the details are up to date.
Kihon Waza (Basic Techniques)
1. Kette J unzuki
2. Kette Gyakuzuki
3. Kette junzuki No-Tsukkomi
4. Kette Gyakuzuki No-Tsukkomi
6. Mawashigeri Jodan
7. Sokuto Jodan
8. Ushirogeri Chudan
Renkei Waza (Combination Techniques)
1. Maegeri Chudan - Mawashigeri Chudan - Ushirogeri Chudan -
2. Sunegeri - Mawashigeri Jodan - Ushirogeri Chudan - Gyakuzuki
Ippon Kumite (One Step Block)
1. jodan Uke Ipponme & Sanbonme
2. Chudan Uke Ipponme & Sanbonme
3. Maegeri Uke Ipponme & Sanbonme
Ohyo Kumite (Semi Free Fighting)
Kata (Pre-arranged Form)
2. Sei Shan/Chinto/Nai Hanchi (changes each year)
3. Examiners Choice of Pinan Kata
Ji Yu Kumite